- 4D3N too short. 5D4N better.
- MBK Centre foodcourt has changed. Now lousy.
- Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square has the best location ever.
- Bring extra pair of underwear – top and bottom.
- Bring own nail colour if going for mani and pedi.
- Think twice about doing a mani and pedi at a place where the main business is massages.
- Cover Chatuchak in 2 days instead of 1. Bring water.
- On days where going to Chatuchak, buy BTS daypass for THB120 if going elsewhere also.
- Meter taxi actually affordable.
- Bring more cash if shopping in Siam Center and Siam Square as some vendors are reluctant to accept credit cards.
- Siam Paragon Food Court is wonderful.
- With the new airport, there’s no longer a need for departure tax.
- Cab fare from airport to hotel is THB450 all included, non-negotiable. Cab fare from hotel to airport, by meter, was THB250. Total toll charges: THB65.
- For baby doll dresses, size M works for me!
- Vanilla Restaurant at Playground is a great place to chill out and get away from the madness.
- Thai Traditional Massage at Heartland is over-rated. Not sure about other places.
- Street food rocks!!
- Breakfast buffets, no matter how great, are only exciting the first morning.
- Do not allow boyfriend to tip.
- Do not trust the Knopf Mapguides Bangkok for directions. It actually gave the wrong coordinates for Health Land Spa and Massage. It was given as E3 but it’s actually C3! That’s quite significant in terms of walking distance. That really exhausted me and was a complete waste of time.
On the whole, I had a really good time.